Monday, April 26, 2010

Lemon Meringue and 21


My first attempt at lemon meringue cupcakes. Now, this is just my own opinion, but they turned out absolutely scrumptious! And I don't even like lemon meringue! I'm sending some in with hubby to work tomorrow too, so we'll see what they all think of them out there.




I was asked to do 21 cupcakes for a cousin of mine who turned...yep...21. I didn't have much time on this particular day, but I managed to make these. Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. The fondant stars are handmade as well. I wasn't too happy with the cake though. I had put in a bit too much buttermilk, so they had a caramel sort of colour and a bit too much tang for a vanilla cake. But despite that they turned out fluffy and flavoursome anyway. As for the fondant stars.....hah. Lets just say my piping skills need a LOT of work haha!



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment