Monday, May 3, 2010

Hubby's Birthday

I feel so sorry for my family sometimes. Lately, whenever there's been a birthday, the cake has always been a last minute 'whatever I can whip up in the time I have' sort of a thing. This one here was for Hubby.




Vanilla cake with caramel buttercream. Actually, it turned out really nice, and not as sweet as you'd think. He was happy with it, and that's the important thing. I took it to my parents' place when we went over on Sunday night, but finding the candles to go on it was a nightmare. There I was rummaging around my stupidly designed pantry, with my head literally inside it so I could perchance see what I was rummaging through. It's a shocking design really.... very stupid. Most of the storage space is tucked deep in behind a wall, making the items stored therein nearly impossible to reach. I hate the thing, I really do.

Anyway, that was all I could come up with before I went on rampage and pulled every item out of my pantry in frustration. A number 3 and 2 single candles. It was his 32nd birthday of course!

Sometimes, I really wish I had more time to devote to this sort of thing so I could do a better job of it.




xx

No comments:

Post a Comment